Creme Egg Cupcakes
I used Mary Berry's Recipe for the chocolate cupcakes and the chocolate icing.
Ingredients (makes 12 flowerpot cupcakes):
4 tbsp Boiling water
165g Golden Caster Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
40g Cocoa Powder
175g Butter, softened
115g Self-raising Flour
(extra added into recipe 12 frozen mini creme eggs)
You will also need 12 flowerpot cases.
Icing Ingredients (I halved the Icing Recipe for 12 cupcakes):
15g cocoa powder
1 1/2 tbsp milk
125g golden icing sugar
To decorate I used small Lindt Chocolate Bunnies
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (Fan)
2. Sift the cocoa powder into a bowl and add the boiling water. Mix until it forms a thick paste.
3. Add all the ingredients and mix together until smooth.
4. Divide the mixture into the 12 flower cases about 2/3rds of the way.
5. Unwrap a frozen mini egg and put one in the centre of each case and push down a little so at least half is covered by the mixture.
6. Pop into the oven for 10 minutes or until they are springy to touch then leave to cook on the side.
7. To make the icing melt the butter and pour it into a bowl.
8. Sift in the cocoa powder and stir in the icing sugar a little bit at a time.
9. If the icing is too thick add a little of the milk until it reaches a glossy spreadable consistency.
10. Using a knife spread the icing over the top of each cupcake.
11. Now it's time to decorate.