Saturday, 18 April 2015

Trip to London

Travelling yesterday to the big, hustle and bustle of London with a 6 month old scared me. I should of felt fine because I used to live and work there, but I was really anxious. The last time I went into London with Mabel was when she was 2 months old and I had help from my dad who was going into work. When I got there I jumped straight into a taxi to Doug's work and so therefore it was really easy. This time however I went solo and just hoped I had packed everything. 

Trying to get across London with a buggy can be hard work because not all tube stations have step free access. You can always try and hop on a bus or in a taxi but I prefer to walk if I can. It means I can get fresh air, stroll at my own pace and enjoy all the sights. Of course the rain cover was firmly tucked away just in case, but it was not needed.

the serpentine
Glorious weather at The Serpentine

We spent a good few hours catching up with a friend in the glorious sunshine at The Serpentine in Hyde Park, before it was time to head on over to daddy's work. The interesting thing about taking a baby into someones place of work is that things come to a bit of a stand still. I think it generally happens everywhere. Mabel however took it upon herself to try and help out with what work was left to do.

daughter at dads work
Mabel hard at work at the Sony Offices. 

When heading home we decided to walk through Hyde Park again and back to the train station which is a good 4 miles. It did mean that we got a later train home but it was less busy then, which was perfect for Mabel to have a quick nap on the way back before we got home and she completely crashed.

I think next time I go into London I will try and have a more positive mind about things, because it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and it is nice to see Mabel experiencing new places.

Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Google + | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© MABEL AND ME. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig