Thursday, 2 July 2015

Nappy Cream - Which One?

When it comes to nappy cream there are many different types, but which one is best?

I have a few different brands in my drawer that I use but I am still yet to establish which one works best.


So after a few weeks of trying out each one for a period of time I have come to a conclusion.

The first I used was the Metanium Barrier Ointment which is a protective cream that should be used at every nappy change in order to prevent nappy rash. It is a thick, white cream that is easy to apply, but when you try and wipe it off it is a little bit difficult. The main problem I had was that Mabel ended up getting nappy rash anyway.

This then prompted me to the Metanium Nappy Rash Ointment because it is used to help get rid of the rash. The cream came out extremely thick and yellow in colour, like mustard, and has a smell to it. I must say it did work initially but I found the cream hard to get off the skin. Mabel's bottom had a yellow tinge and water wipes did not seem to work, instead trying to get the cream off made the rash worse again.

I then applied the Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream as it is not only used to treat nappy rash but it soothes sore skin giving an effective relief for cuts, grazes, minor burns, acne and eczema. This cream can also be used on anyone, not just babies. This product is again thick and white that glides onto the skin very easily. It is a lot easier to get off the skin as some others and when I applied it to Mabel's sore bottom it cleared her rash up straight away.

I have also tried the Bepanthen Nappy Care Ointment which is said to protect against nappy rash by forming a barrier over the skin. It is a transparent cream that leaves the skin smooth once rubbed in, where as other products leave the bum sticky and white. I love this cream in the sense of how easy it is to apply and wipe off, as well as there not being any smell. When I have used this Mabel did get a slight rash but it was gone very quickly with still only using this product.

I am sure there is something even better out there that will suit us, but for now the Bepanthen Nappy Care Ointment and Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream does the job I need.

Has anyone tried a different product and found it to work?

SHARE:
© MABEL AND ME. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig