A couple of weeks ago I posted a recipe for Mince Pies but found even though they were good, they were just too big.
I then attempted to make Mince Pies again using a different recipe in order to make Mince Pies topped with a star. These came out exactly how I had hoped and made a perfect little snack to go with a nice cup of tea or coffee.
225g Plain Flour
50g Caster Sugar
Jar of Mincemeat
1. Mix the flour and butter in a large bowl with your hands to make breadcrumbs.
2. Add the sugar, egg and a couple of tablespoons of water, mix until it forms a dough.
3. Fold the dough out on a floured surface then wrap in cling film and chill for 10 minutes.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C. Pour the mincemeat and lemon zest into a bowl and mix together.
5. Put a third of the dough to one side and roll out the rest. Cut into 8cm circles and place into a bun tray.
6. Fill these with a teaspoon of the mincemeat mixture.
7. Roll the remaining dough out and cut into stars. Place each one on top of the Mincemeat and brush with milk.