Wednesday, 18 May 2016

Extreme Couponing

Has anyone watched the programming Extreme Couponing?

I watched it for about 10 minutes the other day and it amazed me the amount of savings people made.

I started looking around for how I could save money on shopping and came across two apps, Checkout Smart and Shopitize. These both give cashback in return for uploading a receipt showing that you have bought a specific item from a specific store(s).

I thought I would show you my first attempt at getting cashback from these apps as well as using some vouchers I had found around the house or online. I made sure that the items I purchased I needed or wanted to use because it is easy to get carried away when you see money off vouchers. 


Old Mout Cider (Tesco) £5 per pack or 2 for £8. Checkout Smart had an offer for £2 cashback to be claimed up to 3 times. So with claiming 2 at the offer of £8 I received £4 cashback. I therefore only paid £4 for the 8 cans. That's 50p per can. Saving of £6.

Fruit Bowls (Tesco) Usually £2 each but they were on offer for £1 each. Checkout Smart had an offer for 50p off each Fruit Bowls pack to be claimed up to 5 times. I claimed 5 times at £1 each totaling £5 and received £2.50 cashback. Meaning I only paid £2.50 for the 5 packs. Saving of £7.50.

Peperami Rolls (Tesco) £2.50. Checkout Smart had an offer to get this item for Free to be claimed only once. I did not need or want this item but because I was in the shop and it would be Free I decided to pick it up. I received £2.50 cashback meaning I paid £0 for it. Saving of £2.50.

Kingsmill Bread (Tesco) 75p. Shopitize had an offer for 25p off . I paid 50p for the bread. Saving of 25p.

Loyd Grossman Sauce (Tesco) £2 but is on offer for £1. Shopitize had an offer for 30p off. I paid 70p. Saving of £1.30.

Chicken Tonight (Sainburys) £1.60. Shopitize had an offer for 30p off. I paid £1.30. Saving of 30p.

Original Source Shower Gel (Sainsburys) £1.80 but on offer for £1. Shopitize had an offer for 40p off. I paid 60p. Saving of £1.20.

Milk Teeth (Sainsburys) £1.20. I had a voucher for 20p off. I paid £1. Saving of 20p.

40g Pringles (Sainsburys) 80p. I had a voucher to get this item for Free up to a value of 81p. I paid £0. Saving of 81p. (They took an extra 1p off my shop)

Hipp Organic Cereal (Tesco) £2.70. I had a voucher for 50p off. I paid £2.20. Saving of 50p.

Hipp Organic Fruit Pots (Tesco) £1. I had a voucher for 40p off. I paid 60p. Saving of 40p.

Hipp Organice Stage 2 Jar (Tesco) £1. I had a voucher to get this for Free. I paid £0. Saving of £1.

Hipp Organic Pouch (Sainsburys) £1 but was on offer for 80p. I had a voucher for 40p off. I paid 40p. Saving of 60p.

Cheerios (Not in the photo) 600g (Sainsburys) £2.95 but was on offer for £1.47. Shopitize had an offer for 50p off. I paid 97p. Saving of £1.98.

Paul Hollywood Garlic and Herb Tear and Share Bread Mix (Not in the photo) 500g (Tesco) £1.89. Checkout Smart had an offer to get this item for Free. I received £1.89 cashback meaning I paid £0. Saving of £1.89.

Total Cost of Items: £41.19
Total Savings: £26.43

How much I actually spent: £14.76 (64% Saving)

*I had to go into both Tesco and Sainsburys anyway so I looked up online where the best offers were for the items I had vouchers for. This saved me extra money because items were on offer or cheaper in the other store.

SHARE:
© MABEL AND ME. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig