Wednesday, 19 October 2016

Mabel's Birthday - Holiday To Cornwall

This year for Mabel's 2nd Birthday I decided to book a little getaway to Cornwall for a week. It would be our very first time going away as a family of 4 so I felt a little pressure to get it right.

 I booked a detached house called St Johns View in Crackington Haven and it was the perfect fit for us. The open plan layout made it easy to see both girls at all times and the decking outside had stunning views. We did have a little bit of trouble when we arrived with infestation of flies, but a can of fly spray and a hoover solved that problem.



On Monday we ended up going to the Cornish Seal Sanctuary which the girls loved. I think the best part for Mabel was watching the seals from under the water. 'There it is' was a common phrase that day. 





We then headed to Mousehole for a picnic lunch because I have always wanted to visit there. It is such a quaint place with stunning little cottages and was just how I thought it would be. 


Tuesday was when Mabel turned 2 and so it was off to the Eden Project. I was a little bit dubious of going because I thought the girls, or myself might get bored, but it was such a great day out. There was just lots to see and do and it was interesting to learn things you didn't know, plus there was plenty of space for Mabel to run around. It won't be long til Martha will be doing the same. 




On Wednesday we kept it simple and ventured to the beach at Crackington Haven before driving along the most steepest and scariest route to Bude. When we arrived we played on the beach for a little while and had some lunch before heading back to the house.





Thursday we went to Tintagel Castle and attempted the steep steps up to the top. Well, I have never been so scared in my life, clinging on to Mabel walking up these steps with the edge of the cliff next to you. Mabel loved it though and it surprised me what a 2-year-old can do. Martha of course, was in the baby carrier and kept chatty away which was the sweetest thing.  



Friday I think was the worst day out of the holiday. I thought there would have been a bit more to see at the aquarium in Newquay for the price, so it was a BIG disappointment. We ended up going to Newquay Zoo to try and make the most of the day. This too was also quite small but it entertained the girls and it was great for them to see the different animals.




Saturday was a quiet day because we needed to pack up in the afternoon so we decided to go for a little walk up a coastal path. I was not sure whether we would make it to the top but we did, with the help of Mabel saying 'Come on mum'. We ended our day out with Fish and Chips at the local pub which overlooked the sea.



Early Sunday morning we headed home, but not until we stopped at some friends house for a roast. It just tipped off such a perfect holiday.

SHARE:
© MABEL AND ME. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig