Saturday, 5 November 2016

Similac Follow On Milk (6-12months)

This week we have been trying out the Similac Follow On Milk (2) 6-12 months, which is a palm oil-free milk formula. It is used as part of a mixed diet to go alongside the weaning process and provides important nutrients, such as Iron, Calcium, Vitamin D, Omega 3 and 6, all of which are needed for your baby's growth and development.


As like many other parents, making a switch or trying a different branded formula from what you are used to can be daunting. Recently we had been trying a couple of different brands of formulas because the one we were using the most did not sit well with Martha. She made the switch to the Similac Follow On Milk without any problems and seemed to really enjoy the feeds. Afterward, she did not moan like she has done before, so I assumed it fills her up nicely.

The packaging of the formula is great as it really stands out and the lid is easy to get on and off. The problem I found was that there is nowhere to put the scoop apart from in the powder, and there is no rim to level off the scoop so you have to use a knife.


Preparing the milk is a little different to how other brands do it because instead, you have to add a scoop to every 60ml of boiled water, which is about 2oz. Martha takes 7oz so we had to decrease the amount of milk in her bottles, but it was not a major problem.

The thing that I have learned when choosing a Follow On Milk is to not go for what the cheapest option is, or what I have been used to before, but to look at what the product is actually providing for my baby. I need something that is going to help with the growth and development of Martha while we are in the weaning stage, and Martha needs to feel comfortable and enjoy the Follow On Milk that she is getting.


My overall impression of Similac Follow On Milk is that it is a great product and Martha has really taken to it very well, so I would recommend it. However, I just find the price of it to be quite high (RRP: £14) compared to other brands that I have used, and that have been just as good. The other negative is that it is only available in Boots, so for me doing the weekly shop would then have to be broken up, and I would need to drive into town to get it. Therefore it is just not convenient for me.

Important Notice: Breastfeeding is best for babies and is recommended for as long as possible during infancy. Breastfeeding provides many benefits to both mother and baby. It is difficult to reverse the decision not to breastfeed. We recommend that you speak to your healthcare professional for advice on how to feed your baby.

*I have been sponsored by Similac to try Similac Follow On Milk and write about it on my blog. All opinions are my own*


SHARE:
© MABEL AND ME. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig