Friday, 21 April 2017

Simply Cook 2017

In December I tried the Simply Cook subscription box and I absolutely loved it, (you can see that review here), so when I received an email to try another box for a discounted price, I jumped at the chance. 

What Simply Cook do is they send you each month 4 boxes of herbs, spices, seasonings and pastes to make 4 different meals, along with the recipe cards. Your first box is predetermined but after that, you will be able to choose what recipes you would like in your next box. As I had already received one box in December, I was able to choose the recipes this time around. 

With so many recipes on offer, I found it rather difficult to pick, but I whittled it down to 4 brand new ones that I had not tried. 

BBQ Tandoori Chicken with Sweet Potato Wedges

Chicken Katsu Curry

Baked Pasta with Sausage and Kale

Spiced Butternut Squash Risotto

On each of the recipe cards, you have a tear-off slip that contains the ingredients you will need and also optional extras. I loved this because sometimes you can get carried away with getting loads of ingredients for one recipe and it adds up.

All of the meals we had were incredibly tasty, easy to do, and did not cost a fortune. It was hard to pick a favourite out of them, but ever so slightly the Spiced Butternut Squash Recipe came out on top. I am super excited to try these recipes out again now I have the recipe cards, and also to try out some of the other recipes Simply Cook have to offer.

You should give it a go because you are able to cancel at ANY time if it is not your cup of tea. The usual price is £8.99, but you can get your first box for only £4.50 (50% off). 

SHARE:
© MABEL AND ME. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig